Be a Supporter!

SeeD419SeeD419

Main News Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 4 Fans

210 audio Reviews with Responses

Crazy Dubstep (Demo) Crazy Dubstep (Demo)

Rated 2.5 / 5 stars August 6, 2011

Hmm

I hear clipping. This needs some mastering and EQing badly.

I like the intro a lot, but I can hear clipping for sure. Route your instruments into a mixer and EQ them, throw a limiter on the master channel. I assume this isn't FL studio because I think every track has a limiter on the master channel by default...

DJ-REACT responds:

K thanks for the help. I'm still adjusting to Fl Studio ao I'll give it a shot. Thanks again!

Stargenx - Green Stargenx - Green

Rated 4 / 5 stars March 6, 2011

Good stuff

Not my genre of choice either, but it does sound good to me. A little short lived, and in lack of a serious climax, but it's soothing and beautiful. I'm a sucker for the piano, so you get an eight out of me for that piano melody alone :P

I would have enjoyed it more if it was longer for sure, that and I felt it could have had more of a climax, but overall it's a great snippet. Almost reminds me of walking through a forest on a sunny day in a zelda-like game.

Keep up the great work.

Stargenx responds:

Thanks for the review! It may be a bit short, yeah.

Zerest - Good Times [WIP] Zerest - Good Times [WIP]

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars February 22, 2011

Awesome

I'm not much for hardcore songs, and at first I was like meh, but the synth sounds great with it.

Sounds like a great WIP, but it's got a ways to go it sounds like. Can't wait to hear the whole thing.

steven-mcl responds:

Yeah, UK Hardcore is a bit of a different genre than Hardcore is. Hardcore seems to emphasize more so on harsh and strong sounds. I like to depict a lot of it as angery sounding. UK Hardcore is like a mix of happy hardcore and hardcore, with maybe a little Euro-Trance in there. Melody wise, I love UK Hardcore. Such great energy in that genre. Anyway, thanks for the review.

Zerest

Grandiose Manipulation Grandiose Manipulation

Rated 4 / 5 stars January 24, 2011

Nice

Not a bad piece at all. It does give me a bit of a FF feel, or any RPG game really. It would fit in one really well.

The instruments all sound great. Crisp and clear. The melodies are creative and I like the slow pace of the song.

The only thing the song really lacks is length. It seems to end a bit prematurely, and leaves me wishing it had continued. Great piece though, keep up the great work.

callitsleep89 responds:

Yea, I couldn't think of a bridge section that would fit with the instrumentation I had used, so I chose to end the song fairly early. I do want to go back and eventually expand on it.

Anyways, thanks for the review!

An Indivisible Schism An Indivisible Schism

Rated 4 / 5 stars January 24, 2011

Variation.

This song has it as far as melodies goes. The overall sound doesn't seem to change throughout the song though. The percussion was interesting and seemed to have some cool changes, especially at the end.

The beginning wasn't terrible, just not very melodic, but as far as the song goes it doesn't really look like you wanted a melodic feel. It does seem a bit retro as well.

The mixing was done very well, and the percussion was probably the songs strong point in my opinion. This isn't something I'd ever listen to voluntarily, but regardless I can still appreciate someone else's hard work and talent.

Kirbyfemur responds:

Woot! More production praise! But yeah, most of my songs aren't that melodic, but if it calls for it, i'll put it in. :3

(S) Forgive (S) Forgive

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars January 19, 2011

Bliss

Quite an enjoyable tune in my opinion. The melodies are very pleasant and calming. I visualize myself floating above the clouds looking at the beautiful scenery and town below. I also get the vibe for some reason from this that it may have been written about a friend and confidante.

Nonetheless the bass lines are full and creative. They sound very good with the scratchy synth and melodic piano in the background. The pads really give the tune a very full sound, and the percussion carries the melody quite well.

Nothing about the tune gives me the under-produced feeling or the stale beat feeling. You switched it up enough and at the right times.

The instruments sound good for the most part. The piano and pads are excellent.

Overall a very well produced song. There are a couple percussion parts that I would consider changing. Maybe the song would benefit from a different drum pack. Is there a mild LFO on the synth? Just noticed that...I might fiddle with the settings on that a bit, as it sounds a tad too fast. Other than that a wonderful tune. Keep up the amazing work.

TylerSchrader responds:

Thank you for the very detailed review. I appreciate those more than anything because they help me fix my mistakes. I have already began to edit the song a little. I am going to change out the drums to make them mix better with the song and maybe add another part, not sure. Answering your question about the LFO, yes, there is a mild LFO. I'll have to fix up the synth as well because it is rather scratchy. But, thanks again!

Eric Freeman - Seven Eric Freeman - Seven

Rated 4 / 5 stars January 19, 2011

Not bad

Certainly nothing trendy or generic sounding to me. Sounds pretty original. Idk I think it's alright.

At times the mix seems a bit...forced together. It flows, but not as well as I think it could. Maybe some EQing could clean that up a bit.

Overall I think the synths sounded pretty good.

The percussion was probably the most lacking part in the song in my opinion. I mean...correct my if I'm wrong but that's the exact same percussion loop playing for the ENTIRE song. I didn't hear a single variation at any point. So if I had to give you any criticism at all for this, I would say for the love of god make some percussion changes here and there. Switch up the bass and the hats into some more interesting patterns every once in a while. Throw some IDM elements into the mix while you're at it. You'd be surprised how much a good percussion foundation will really make a song have a full feeling. Even cutting the percussion just one time out for 4 beats in this song would give a nice effect. Try it and see what I mean. You could even just cut the hats for a more quiet section and then re-introduce them.

Hope this helps. Overall a great song, percussion needs work though.

EricFreeman responds:

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean about the drums not changing at all. Honestly, I'm pretty bad at making drum beats which is why I threw the phaser on them to try to make it a little more interesting.

I'll try looking into EQing it a bit better, however I'm pretty new at that kind of thing. Oddly enough all my music was complete trash until just a couple months ago so I'm a bit new to all of this stuff. :3

Thanks for listening and reviewing!

xKore - Eden (Snapple Remix) xKore - Eden (Snapple Remix)

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars January 19, 2011

Not bad

The intro seems appropriate and I like the choir packs, percussion, and synth. My first problem with the song is that awful vocal bass that people use. Sounds like a robot or something...just awful. Aside from the that, the bass and skipping effect sounds great. Everything blends really well together, almost too well.

The breakdown was appropriate I guess, and then back to the original melody. Seemed to work to me. Love the idm glitch elements here a lot.

The outro was really elaborate and worked very well, although it seemed a bit premature. I think you could have done more with the song, but it's not bad by any means. Overall decent.

dietsnapple135 responds:

Thanks for the solid review. Yeah, vox bass isn't for everyone, and a lot of people rely on it a tad too much, but I liked the different effect it had on this song. Also, I'm super glad you liked the glitch aspect, most of my glitch inspiration has come from the one and only Aphex Twin(Nice Avatar ;D), actually. So, I'm glad a fan of his work likes parts of mine. Thanks so much :D

Eric Freeman - Practice Eric Freeman - Practice

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars January 19, 2011

Idk

Maybe it's just not my thing, but the melodies really aren't all that moving in my opinion. Nothing that really draws me in. It's a slower melody with some okay instruments.

The piano is a bit repetitive and sounds rather generic to me. The pads were a nice touch, but the girls vocals just don't seem to fit the track at all to me. Not in a way that makes sense to me anyway. The synths were okay for the most part, but seemed to lack the kind of percussion I would have wanted to hear. The percussion seems a bit weak to me.

The transitions also confused me a bit. The song just kinda seemed to jump into a different melody really randomly.

Overall it's not terrible. Some parts blended together really well, but overall nothing I'd download as it stands.

EricFreeman responds:

Really? Hmm, maybe it's just not for you. Oddly enough this is one of my favorite songs to listen to. Thanks for checking out though and leaving such an indepth review!

Into The Offside Into The Offside

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars January 17, 2011

Not bad

Decent sound you got here. I like the muffled percussion and the pads. They mix together well. Very ambient and cool.

Biggest problem with this song, it's too short. I'd definitely consider extending this if you want to improve it. The song is great, but just too short to be fully enjoyable.

Overall a good start though. Honestly not much else I have to say about it.

DXsamurai responds:

Thanks for the review i'm glad you like it i guess i colud extend it